Posts Tagged ‘R35’
HKS really has a handle on tuning the VR38DETT engine in the Nissan R35 GT-R and is now knocking on a genuine 1000 bhp power output!
As part of this process the technicians at HKS in Japan have uncovered the major restrictions on the VR38DETT engine and are rapidly developing top quality components to improve matters. And their latest release is a great case in point – a new high performance plenum (called the High-Flow Surge Kit) which is designed to equalise the intake air volume across all six cylinders of the VR38DETT motor, while boosting throttle response and the air flow demands of a 1000 bhp engine.
Here are the key facts about the HKS High Flow Surge Kit for the Nissan R35 GT-R:-
- Cast plenum that’s seperate from the VR38DETT’s intake manifold
- Larger diameter ports and different port shape to suit high power engines
- Plenum volume optimised for engine reponse rather than top end bhp to ensure a good spread of power
- Funnel design in end tanks of the ports to optimise air flow from the sides of the plenum to increase air volume
- Allows reuse of stock air temperature sensor, adaptors, breather pipe, connecting pipe
Fitment of the High-Flow Surge tank is typically well thought our by HKS – it’s a straight bolt on job without the need for cutting, crimping or any other intrusive procedures that might detract from reliability on what’s not exactly a cheap car…
And that’s why HKS has also developed a Twin Injector Pro Kit for to suit the new plenum. This includes a specially designed fuel rail and other components to suit the easy installation of additional injectors for high powrr VR38DETT engines.
HKS doesn’t include injectors in this kit, but it’s been designed to accommodate individual preference for secondary injector sizes. HKS includes adaptors to suit the stock R35 GT-R injectors within the kit and these can be replaced to suit the chosen injector preference.
The prices for these top quality HKS components are:-
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R High-flow surge tank £3625.00 plus VAT.
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R Twin Injector Pro Kit £1545.00 plus VAT
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R High flow Surge Tank Full Kit £4250.00 plus VAT.
To buy this product now, please click on:-
Arriving soon at TDi-plc (Torque Developments) the HKS DCT transmission Oil Cooler kit for the 2011 Nissan R35 GT-R with the GR6 semi-automatic gearbox. Designed for both road and track driving, the HKS DCT Oil Cooler is designed to protect the clutch and transmission, plus offers a firmer gearshift – realistically if you want to take your GT-R on trackdays, you’re going to need an HKS DCT cooler kit.
Now being pre-ordered at TDi-plc, HKS has designed the DCT Oil Cooler kit to overcome the problems when the stock Nissan R35 GT-R is driven in a spirited manner, particularly on track. If subjected to any prolonged driving where the front and rear axle speeds differ, the oil temperatures in the DCT transmission start to climb and the car defaults into 2wd mode when the temps approach 140 degrees. Indeed Nissan recommends that the oil should be replaced if the temperatures get this high.
The HKS 2011 MY Nissan R35 GT-R GR6 DCT Oil Cooler kit incorporates the following features:-
- Maximised cooler due to relocated oil cooler core in front left hand of bumper
- Special FRP ducting for efficient core cooling
- 10mm Oil feed pipes for improved oil circulation
- Oil outlet attachments that are specially designed for the GR6 version of the Nissan R35 GT-R
During HKS testing at the Fuji Speedway circuit using a professional driver, the HKS DCT Oil Cooler kit enabled continuous lapping with a stable oil temperature of 127 degrees C (during testing with the stock Nissan DCT system the temperatures reached 135 degrees C and the test was stopped.) The HKS DCT Oil Cooler kit also reduced the water temperature by 5 degrees C.
Carrying part number 27002-AN 004, pre-orders are now being taken for the HKS DCT Oil Cooler for the 2011 MY Nissan R35 GT-R. Contact Torque Developments (TDi-plc) using freephone 0800 107 3250 or email email@example.com NOTE: This product has been developed for right hand drive 2011 MY Nissan R35 GT-R GR6 cars only.
The Nissan R35 GT-R can suffer from high differential oil temperatures when under high load conditions such as circuit driving on trackdays. These excessive differential oil temperatures may affect the lubrication properties of the oil and/or the LSD’s performance, potentially causing damage to the differential unit.
Hence why HKS has developed a Diff Oil Cooler Kit for the Nissan R35 GT-R to solve these problems which helps reduce the differential oil temperature, while maintaining LSD performance and preventing transmission oil degradation.
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R Diff Oil cooler features: ・ Oil Cooler Core Size: 200×132×48 (cooling fin,) with a core that was designed specifically for R35. ・ Core installation position is inside the R35’s rear undertray. HKS has designed a special low drag air duct to let air into the cooler’s core for efficient cooling. ・ The air duct is made of CFRP to match the factory Nissan rear under tray. Countersunk screws provide flat surface for improved appearance. ・ Highly durable AQP Racing Hoses are used for oil piping. ・ HKS original Oil Pump is included in the kit for reliable operation and accurate oil flow maintenance. ・ Relay box, harnesses, and ON/OFF switch to install the oil pump are included in the kit. In-house testing by HKS Japan at the Fuji International Speedway showed that the differential oil temperature dropped by approximately 37℃. The result also showed that the DCT oil temperature dropped by approximately 5℃, and coolant temperature by approximately 3℃.
The HKS Diff Oil Cooler for the Nissan R35 GT-R is priced at £1875.00 plus VAT. Delivery is expect in October 2011. TO order now please click on:- http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/differential-cooler-p-19148.html
The 4WD system on the Nissan R35 GT-R is electronically controlled, with the front torque distribution being determined by driving conditions, but on highly tuned cars the front / rear torque split can lead to excessive oversteer. The HKS ATSC optimises this for improved high load / high speed stability and performance.
The HKS Active Torque Split Computer enables users to correct the front torque distribution for optimal performance driving, when oversteer can occur during high load driving due to lack of front torque. By enabling a proper front / rear torque distribution, drivers can make full use of the engine’s power output, partcularly on tuned R35 GT-R’s.
Therefore, ATSC is recommended for use on vehicles with high power GT570/600/800 specifications or similar.
The HKS ATSC R35 GT-R system can operate at 4 different levels. The user can easily identify the profile through the flashing LED light and switch between them in real time.
Installation is made simple with the plug and play harness which can connect and disconnect easily to the Nissan E-TS unit under the driver’s seat. Installation time is approximately two hours.
The HKS ATSC controller is active on the R35 Nissan GT-R above 50km/h and when the brake is not applied. Therefore, it will not lead to instability from standing start or during low speed driving. To buy this product now, please click on:- http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/atsc-p-18851.html
For the ultimate in Nissan GT-R R35 power, HKS has designed an 800bhp GT800 turbocharger kit, featuring a GT II Turbine package with “Symmetry Twin Turbo Layout” that’s employed for no compromise performance.
As the total performance products manufacturer, HKS does not just develop a product, but conducts extensive field tests with combinations of various products so that anybody can achieve more than 800 horsepower and can be offered as a total vehicle performance products package.
Key features of HKS Nissan GT-R GT800 kit:
- HKS’ in-house design and manufacturing “Special GT II Turbine” was developed exclusively for this turbo kit. These specially designed GTII Turbines utilises the ideal symmetrical layout of a normal and a reverse revolution turbine.
- To prevent heat problems, “Special heat resistance cast metal exhaust manifold” were developed.
- Piping for oil and water were exclusively designed for R35 GT-R to be more durable for use at high temperatures.
- Compact & lightweight GT II Wastegate enables precise boost pressure control.
- The engine must be removed in order to install this kit.
- This kit does not include the following parts: Fuel Pumps, Injectors, EVC, engine parts and Engine Management such as the HKS F-Con.
- Upgrading the engine internals is necessary when using this kit at high engine outputs.
- The boost pressure setting for the provided Wastegates is approximately 90 to 95 kPa (13 to 13.8 PSI).
- The factory water pipe must be modified.
- The factory Turbocharger heat insulator must be modified.
- This kit was developed exclusively for off-road race use only. HKS will not be responsible for engine and/or transmission damage caused by the use of this kit.
- This kit must be used without the catalytic converters. Because of this, the vehicle cannot be driven on any public roads or highways where the use of catalytic converters is a legal requirement.
- Any vehicle with this kit installed may void the factory manufacturer’s warranty.
See the HKS Nissan GT-R R35 GT800 kit in action: -HKS Nissan GT-R R35 GT800 Dyno test