Posts Tagged ‘Honda S2000’
The final new teaser release from 2012 HKS range at the Tokyo Auto Salon was a new ‘Super Sound Master’ performance muffler / exhaust system for the Honda S2000.
Designed to let Honda S2000′s owners enjoy the full vocal delights of the amazing F20C engine, the new Super Sound Master has been cleverly designed to minimise resonance and drone, making it perfect for everyday use.
The HKS Honda S2000 Super Sound Master is now available and can be purchased here
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and place an order desposit.
Tuned Honda S2000 owners – Torque Developments has a solution to the weak stock clutch that causes slipping and loss of drive that often occurs when you’ve exploited the tuneable nature of the F20C engine! Hot off the press from US based high performance drivetrain specialist Centerforce® is a DFX® series high-performance single plate paddle clutch for the 2000 to 2007 Honda S2000.
Available now from Torque Developments, the DFX® series is the latest single disc performance clutch from Centerforce®, offering greatly enhanced torque holding capacity and strength, as we as some of the best drivability from a race inspired clutch. Centerforce® uses patented processes and constantly tests different materials and designs to find the best combination. The Centerforce® DFX® Honda S2000 clutch is a direct replacement for the stock clutch and features a pressure plate with a higher clamping for force than standard, with a ceramic paddle drive plate.
This DFX® performance clutch system utilizes a Centerforce® patented ball bearing design for a light pedal action and quick release, combined with nodular iron pressure plate rings and reinforcements designed to help prevent drive strap breakage. The paddle drive plate has been subjected to extensive testing of different friction materials and hub designs to enable the optimal combination for Honda S2000 owners. To compliment the DFX® clutch, Torque Developments now offers a Centreforce® steel flywheel which has been tested to provide the best driving experience with the DFX® clutch assembly – we advise avoiding ultra lightweight flywheels as this can result in excessive drivetrain chatter and a harsh action.
The DFX® clutch assembly and steel flywheel kit are available now from Torque Developments, priced at £1180.00 excluding VAT. For more information, please click on this link http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/centerforce-clutch-flywheel-p-18847.html
The clutch component parts are also available separately on request.
- Advanced punch manufacturing techniques result in improved accuracy, smoother surface finish and fewer edge burrs, leading to reduced internal friction and smoother, quieter chain operation
- Larger area side plates, revised hole designs and bigger pin diameter to prevent fatigue and increase longevity
- Detail improvements result in reducing the stretching of the chain under constant high velocity engine revolutions by as much as 35%
- The TODA Heavy Duty Timing Chain can be easily distinguished from the standard Honda product by the gold colour timing markings and the embossed TODA name on the side plates.
Developed, tested and proven to the high quality levels expected from TODA Racing’s technicians, the new Honda S2000 Heavy Duty Timing Chain is available now exclusively from TODA Europe, a division of Torque Developments International Plc, priced at £199.75 including VAT @ 17.5%. You can buy this product now by clicking on the following link: http://www.toda-europe.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_244_245&products_id=1419&osCsid=b8076f998fcfdd8b04e73b835d92e716
TODA Racing F20C / F22C Heavy Duty Timing Chain TensionerTo optimise durability, further reduce friction and improve camshaft timing accuracy TODA Europe recommends that the S2000 Heavy Duty Timing Chain should be used in conjunction with the accompanying Heavy Duty Timing Chain Tensioner. Designed specifically to overcome the standard oil pressure driven Honda automatic tensioner’s weakness of allowing the cam timing to slip under sudden engine braking, the TODA Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner is compatible with both the F20C and F22C S2000 engines and is designed to work with high compression engines with up to 1mm skimmed from the cylinder head.
The TODA Heady Duty Timing Chain Tensioner is on sale now, priced at £240.87 including VAT @ 17.5%. Customers can purchase this product now by following this link: http://www.toda-europe.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_244_245&products_id=1417&osCsid=b8076f998fcfdd8b04e73b835d92e716
The Honda S2000 F20 / F22C VTEC engine is regarded as the ultimate normally aspirated four cylinder production engine, making it a popular candidate for in situ tuning or for transplanting into a wide variety of machinery.
Which is why TODA has just launched an updated version of its top quality ‘Sports Injection’ throttle body kit, which offers a number of performance improvements for both the F20 / F22C engines.
Produced in house to ensure quality, the TODA sports injection kit offers several performance advantages that can only be realised once the standard Honda inlet manifold and throttle body is dispensed with.
- Greatly improved breathing efficiency due to free flowing intake ports – the individual throttle bodies are smaller in volume but collectively larger in volume than the stock plenum
- Throttle response is greatly improved due to a reduction in volume of air within the shorter inlet manifold
- Allows for fine tuning of the injection system to deliver power and torque benefits throughout rev range
- Smoother idling, even when even high lift / long duration cams are used when compared to a stock single throttle body
- Increased peak power, because each intake runner is the same length
- Effective fine tuning per individual cylinder is not compromised by the stock single throttle body
- Bottom & mid range torque increases due to a reduction in cylinder to cylinder breathing interference. This is due to the independent throttle bodies and more effective injector positioning
Using 50mm diameter throttle bodies, which mount onto a short cast alloy inlet manifold, the TODA S2000 Sports injection comes complete with airflow bench tested carbon fibre 88mm long intake trumpets.
Supplied without injectors, the TODA Racing Honda S2000 Sports Injection kit is suitable for both F20C and F22C variants of the car, priced at £3243.00 including VAT @ 17.5%. You can buy this product now from TODA Europe at the following link: http://www.toda-europe.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_242&products_id=1425&osCsid=b8076f998fcfdd8b04e73b835d92e716
An optional dry carbon airbox, designed specifically for the TODA Sports Injection kit, is also now available. Weighing just 805 grams, this airbox incorporates quick release adjustment locks and an integral ‘o’-ring seal to resist water ingress and ensure ease of fitment and optimum performance.
Priced at £1298.37 including VAT @ 17.5% it’s available now from TODA Europe.
For more information contact TDi-Plc / TODA Europe
- Lightweight stainless steel construction
- CNC machined manifold / cylinder head flange
- Equal length 4-2-1 design
- All pipe lengths, angles and diameters are dyno optimised
- 45mm diameter headers with 50mm diameter primaries
- High gas flow joints to ensure maximum performance
- 60mm collector pipe with Lambda probe fitting
- Compatible with standard Honda catalyst
Dyno testing has proven that compared to original Honda header (and in conjunction with a remapped ECU) the TODA ‘Torquie-Kun’ S2000 exhaust manifold adds up 20 bhp and 20 lb.ft of torque in the mid range, with a slight increase in peak power.
This makes the ‘Torquie-kun’ perfect for the European fast road and trackday market where torque and tractability are vitally important, as these factors help improve the overall driveability of the car.
Suitable for AP1 and AP2 versions of the Honda S2000 using the F20C and F22C engine, the new Torquie-Kun’ exhaust manifold is available now from TODA Europe (a division of TDi-plc) priced at £1169.13 including VAT @ 17.5%.
To buy this product please clikc through to:
Designed to improve performance by increasing the amount of air that the engine can breathe, the TODA Racing ‘Big Single Throttle’ features a 66.5mm diameter throttle valve (versus 64mm for the Honda original,) and a tapered entrance with a maximum width of 70mm.
TODA Racing’s AP2 Big Single Throttle is based on a new component, giving the twin benefits of improved performance allied to the reliability of a fresh, unworn throttle body. Dyno testing at TODA Racing has shown a 5bhp improvement.
The TODA Racing Honda S2000 F22C1 Big Single throttle is available now from TODA Europe, priced at £529.00 including VAT @ 17.5%.