Posts Tagged ‘high’
HKS really has a handle on tuning the VR38DETT engine in the Nissan R35 GT-R and is now knocking on a genuine 1000 bhp power output!
As part of this process the technicians at HKS in Japan have uncovered the major restrictions on the VR38DETT engine and are rapidly developing top quality components to improve matters. And their latest release is a great case in point – a new high performance plenum (called the High-Flow Surge Kit) which is designed to equalise the intake air volume across all six cylinders of the VR38DETT motor, while boosting throttle response and the air flow demands of a 1000 bhp engine.
Here are the key facts about the HKS High Flow Surge Kit for the Nissan R35 GT-R:-
- Cast plenum that’s seperate from the VR38DETT’s intake manifold
- Larger diameter ports and different port shape to suit high power engines
- Plenum volume optimised for engine reponse rather than top end bhp to ensure a good spread of power
- Funnel design in end tanks of the ports to optimise air flow from the sides of the plenum to increase air volume
- Allows reuse of stock air temperature sensor, adaptors, breather pipe, connecting pipe
Fitment of the High-Flow Surge tank is typically well thought our by HKS – it’s a straight bolt on job without the need for cutting, crimping or any other intrusive procedures that might detract from reliability on what’s not exactly a cheap car…
And that’s why HKS has also developed a Twin Injector Pro Kit for to suit the new plenum. This includes a specially designed fuel rail and other components to suit the easy installation of additional injectors for high powrr VR38DETT engines.
HKS doesn’t include injectors in this kit, but it’s been designed to accommodate individual preference for secondary injector sizes. HKS includes adaptors to suit the stock R35 GT-R injectors within the kit and these can be replaced to suit the chosen injector preference.
The prices for these top quality HKS components are:-
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R High-flow surge tank £3625.00 plus VAT.
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R Twin Injector Pro Kit £1545.00 plus VAT
HKS Nissan R35 GT-R High flow Surge Tank Full Kit £4250.00 plus VAT.
To buy this product now, please click on:-
But even the very best of production engines need upgrades to withstand heavy doses of brake horsepower, which is why TODA Racing has developed a set of high strength ‘I’ – section chrome-molly connecting rods which greatly uprate the strength of the B18C motor’s bottom end.
Key features of the TODA Racing Honda B18C high strength connecting rods including:-
* Fully floating little end bushes for 21 mm Ø gudgeon pins * Each rod is balanced to +/- 0.1 grams * 10% lighter than standard Honda connecting rods (495 vs 547 grams) * Rod length of 137.9 mm
The TODA Racing high-strength I-Section connecting rods are available now from TODA Europe, priced at £1695.00 per set, excluding VAT. To purchase this product now, click on: http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/toda-racing-b18c-connecting-p-19284.html